- The Maw: Vestigial pincers have given way to a mouth that filter feeds on smaller prey.
- “The Mountain”: The carapace of this beast is so large that it appears as a series of islands from the ocean surface.
- Mineral Growths: These growths, formed from previously absorbed minerals, protect the underbelly of this beast.
- Mineral Gills: These gills absorb minerals and other nutrients from the sea floor.
- Mineral Compression: Absorbed Minerals are released back into the ocean as compressed structures.
The Mountain was a challenging, but fun piece. Key focuses included:
- The large scale of the creature and the detail that this would require in-game.
- The capacity for mobility and practicality of animation of the creature within the worlds of InnerSpace
- Retaining low polygon counts with consideration for the relative scale of the creature.
Zbrush | Unity | Shader Forge | Blender | Photoshop